Saturday 7 November 2009

Fairy tales don't write themselves

I've been a bit behind on my blog lately, due to the fact I've been trying to get organised at school which has proved itsself to be impossible. I didn't do much for halloween, I decorated my house in cobwebs and handed out my homemade cookies to the children ringing the bell. For the 5th of November, I had some of my dearest friends round, we walked to my local park and watched the fireworks, walked home with some candy floss whilst drawing our names with sparklers. What did you all get up to?




I like abracadabra and glitter illusions. I like the idea of falling down a rabbit hole or escaping to the second star on the right with Peter Pan and the Lost Boys. I like rusty swings. I the smell of freshly cut grass, and pavements after a big thunder storm. I like huge old books with battered spines and small printed words. I like the book shops you find those books in, with messy stocks of them everywhere and the dust and the smell of old things. I like golden shoes, scuffed shoes, shoes with bows or heels which make loud sounds on shiny floors. I like clean floors, so clean that you almost don’t want to stand on them. I like sweet wrappers which crinkle and crunch when you fiddle with them. I like those huge perfectly swirled lollypops which you can hide a whole face behind. I like it when your up to your warm knees in crisp golden leaves. I like dew drops on flowers. I like lying down in the grass and making shapes out of the clouds. I like it when the sun appears through tree branches for a few seconds and then disappears. I like ladders in tights which go all the way down. I like dolls house furniture. I like snow, even though I don’t expierience it often. I like russian dolls. I like wearing a ring on every finger. I like drawing on my hands. I like silent films. I like post boxes. I like receiving letters with swirly handwriting.
I like making lists of what I like.

Loving,
Sophie
xxx

3 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! I quite like making lists of things I like too.
    (that was quite a repetitive sentence)

    Jazz xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy coming across your blog, great stuff!
    x

    ReplyDelete