Monday 9 November 2009

40th aniversary of Sesame street


Happy 40th birthday to you the Cookie Monster and Elmo. My childhood memories are full of Sesame street, the programme which was probably dearest to me when I was in my prime.





Morning walks. I like the quietness, the fact that its just you and greeness. I hear the birds singing in the trees, and although I cannot feel my fingers and my nose had gone pink, its beautiful when the sun, even for a moment , breaks through the delicate intricate branches of the bare treets, which looks a beautiful paper cut out, when the sun breaks through in a amazing warm beam, blinding all else, and feeling the heat on my back. Feeling the crip autumn leaves against my patent pointy shoes, hearing the crackle. Hair blowing in the refreshing wind. Walking to the dusty, abandoned and dust covered band stand, pastel coloured paint fades and peeling. Sitting on a bench, listening to Vienna by Ultravox or Sweet Disposition by the temper tramp, watching the occasional misfit, like myself, wander and marvel at the beauty of the park. Walking to the pond, wondering what magic lies on the bush covered island centered in the rippled water, I watched two swans, sadly they were as camera shy as the pigieons. That morning, it seemed as if anything was possible, thats a rare feeling which I seem to be getting less and less, I could have sworn I saw a fairy sitting on a log. Then again, I like to imagine things. Home to a quilt and a hot chocolate with a good book in bed. I like those types of days.



I am planning to do some bigger posts now because I know that my thoughts are not very fun; and thurther more interesting. What do you all like doing on cold days?

Love is not loving, but I shall love anyway,
Sophie xxx

1 comment:

  1. The top photo made me think of Narnia, I smiled.

    P.S.I'm so jealous that you have a Harry potter-esque scar on your arm, you have no idea.

    ReplyDelete